Global News

Baby declared 'dead' by Max Hospital dies

Baby declared 'dead' by Max Hospital dies

The hospital handed the twins to the family in a polythene sac, however, the boy was found alive while the parents were on the way to crematorium for performing last rites.

Delhi's Max Super Specialty Hospital that finds itself marred with a medical negligence case- wherein a newborn was declared dead, has now sacked the doctors responsible for the oversight. The boy was pronounced dead two hours later, said Praveen Mail, the baby's grandfather.

Dr. Sandeep Gupta, who was treating the baby at the Delhi New Born Center said "we knew from the beginning that he may not survive but we were trying our best".

On the way to cremate the babies' remains, the family was shocked to discover that the boy was still breathing inside one of the bags holding the newborns' bodies. "I was shocked. I couldn't believe my eyes", Malik said in a previous CNN report. The baby's uncle said that they will continue to protest outside Max Hospital. "We are in constant touch with the parents and are providing all the needed support". The parents on their way to the funeral of their baby noticed that the bag in which the baby was placed by the hospital was moving. Malik said that the government didn't give the family anything but "false promises". However, Dr Sanjeev Gupta of Aggarwal Hospital said that baby was of just 22 weeks and it was hard for him to survive from the start as he needed too much support.

Atletico Madrid's Champions League exit is no failure: Coach Diego Simeone
At Old Trafford, Nigerian striker Aaron Samuel was an unused substitute as CSKA Moscow lost 2-1 to Manchester United . You have to play a lot of games. "For this reason I think it could be problematic to win [the Champions League ]".

A Delhi government panel found on Tuesday that the hospital did not conduct electrocardiography to determine whether the baby was alive.

Max Healthcare said they would "like to thoroughly review the final report" before commenting on it. "We wish them the strength to cope with their loss", the statement said. Hours after the death of the baby boy, Delhi Health Minister Satyendar Jain held a press conference, where he announced that the final report of the ongoing probe into alleged medical negligence by the private hospital is expected in two days and based on that "strictest action" will be taken. "In the meantime, we are fully cooperating with all relevant authorities on this issue", they added.

Max Hospital had earlier terminated the services of two doctors - Dr A.P. Mehta and Dr Vishal Gupta - who were allegedly involved in the case.