Electronics

Former Pentagon insider says America is 'ignoring UFO sightings'

Former Pentagon insider says America is 'ignoring UFO sightings'

Newly declassified video and audio show US Navy pilots encountering a UFO - with no wings and no tail - as they flew their Boeing F/A-18 Super Hornet fighter jet along the East Coast in 2015.

The 35 second clip was reportedly captured by an infrared camera aboard a F/A-18 fighter jet travelling at 25,000 feet in 2015.

The video was obtained from the Department of Defense by research group To the Stars Academy of Arts and Science and released to the public last week. Most people won't take such "barely visible" videos seriously but it's a different thing altogether if the USA military actually encounters mystery aircraft that travel at incredibly high speed.

The Department of Defense said in an official statement that the UFO programme was now over.

The new video comes soon after two other declassified videos of supposed UFO sightings by U.S. Navy pilots were published by The New York Times in December.

Warning: Some language in the video may be offensive.

"Look at that flying!" one of them says.

"Wow, what is that man?" one pilot can be heard saying.

Once the sensor locks on, one of the pilots exclaims, "Whoa, we got it!"

Struggling Southampton fires manager Mauricio Pellegrino
The Argentine leaves with the Saints just one point above the relegation zone after failure to win their last four league games. Southampton fired manager Mauricio Pellegrino on Monday in a bid to stop the team sliding out of the English Premier League .

UFO sightings have become a common thing, most are traced back to "some organisation" carrying out a test flight.

The US government finally cut off funding in 2012 - having spent $22m a year over five years from 2008-2011 - although the programme was not officially shut down until the military intelligence official in charge quit his post in October 2017, the New York Times reported.

"The Advanced Aviation Threat Identification Program ended in the 2012 timeframe", Pentagon spokesman Tom Crosson told CNN.

"I have never seen anything in my life, in my history of flying that has the performance, the acceleration - keep in mind this thing had no wings", he said. "It was determined that there were other, higher-priority issues that merited funding and it was in the best interest of the DoD to make a change", a spokesperson from the DoD said at the time.

Christopher Mellon, a former deputy assistant security of defense for the Clinton and George W. Bush administrations, claims that the government needs to thoroughly investigate nationwide reports of flying unidentified objects, given the sheer quantity in recent years.

"The DoD takes seriously all threats and potential threats to our people, our assets, and our mission and takes action whenever credible information is developed".

Mellon observed that military departments and agencies have instead treated "such incidents as isolated events rather than as part of a pattern requiring serious attention and investigation".

"Nobody wants to be "the alien guy" in the national security bureaucracy; nobody wants to be ridiculed or sidelined for drawing attention to the issue", he added. "This is true up and down the chain of command, and it is a serious and recurring impediment to progress".