The OBD2 scanning port on the vehicle allows us to detect engine issues before going on a trip. You will need an OBD2 car scanner tool to diagnose engine problems and keep the vehicle in tiptop condition. You will find more than a hundred OBD2 car diagnostic tools online and local shops.
So, it is very challenging to choose the right one. In this article, I will explain the OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd comparison with my real-life user experience so that you can get the best one to check your car's health from the smartphone. They work through the OBD2 port and send engine health data on the phone using Bluetooth technology.
Table of Content:
Here is the table of content for quick overview:
Look at the comparison chart to understand OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd at a glance.
|Details of Product||OBDLink MX+||BlueDriver||Fixd|
|Certification||ROhS, REACH, ISO||Personal automotive technicians||AES|
Money back guarantee
|3 years, 90 days||1 year, 180 days||1 year , 30 days|
|Where To Buy|
OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd
1. What Is it?
OBDLink MX+ is the scan tool designed for the automotive diagnostic enthusiast and professionals. It provides a fast and accurate diagnosis of engine problems and performance parameters of OBDII compliant vehicles.
You can get the reports on the smartphone screen with Bluetooth technology. It presents data in graph format so anyone can understand the main issues. Also, It allows you to create your own dashboard with detailed reports.
BlueDriver is the professional car diagnostic tool that works on the OBD2 port and shows data through a diagnostic application. This means that you have to insert the provided interface into your vehicle's OBD2 port and install the provided app to perform an automotive scan.
The great advantage of BlueDriver compared to other similar devices is that it already comes with a specific application for its interface, which gives you great reliability in the data obtained.
Fixd is a wireless car OBD2 scanner that can solve more than 7000 potential issues of your car engine. It is perfect for newbies and professionals. You can remotely check the car engine's health from anywhere. It provides real-time data on the smartphone using a Bluetooth network.
All reports are explained in detail so you can understand the problems easily. Also, It tells the repair costs of the detected problems. It can solve major issues like engine light, trouble code, airbag, transmission, fuel level, mileage and more within minutes.
2. Main Features
OBDLink MX+ offers high data security and amazing features. Let’s see them below:
- Easy to set up: OBDLink MX+ installation process is very simple. Just plug it on the vehicle OBD2 port, start ignition and get the diagnostic report on the OBDlink smartphone app. Your phone's Bluetooth connection must be ON.
- Security: OBDLink MX+ provide unique and hack-proof security. Also, hackers can't hack the transmitted data after starting the vehicle. For this support, You do not need any extra charges.
- Engine health diagnosis: OBDLink MX+ can diagnose airbag information, freeze frame data and other essential information in detail and graphical format. All data are detected and presented in real-time.
- Compatibility: The tool can be operated from smartphones, tablets and laptops. Install the OBDLink app to see all information about your vehicle. It can be connected to one vehicle.
- Quick response: OBDLink MX+ works 300 times faster than an ordinary car engine tracker. All detected info is precise and easy to recognize. It takes about 3 minutes to detect all engine issues.
BlueDriver has some unique features that make this a useful and handy tool. The features are:
- Read and solve fault codes: Bluedriver enhanced code reading and erasing such as ABS, Airbag, Transmission, etc., for latest model cars and trucks.
- Repair reports: It detects the possible causes and reports of vehicle brand errors and for each DTC code in real-time. It shows active error codes and fault alerts to cell phones
- Data Freeze Frame: It can detect the fault codes with the data freeze frame and present all possible causes so that you can take action to solve them.
- Emission control: It allows you to check if the vehicle is ready for emission control.
- Access to the database: This functionality is genuinely excellent. You will not find it in another scanner in this category. Through the BlueDriver OBD2 App, you can access a database with more than 30 million solutions.
Fixd is popular for its ease of usability. Also, it provides incredible features. They are mentioned below:
- Real-time car monitoring: Fixd alerts the detected problem in real-time. So, you can repair the issues immediately. Also, the feature helps us to get rid of annoying situations in the middle of the trip.
- Engine health diagnosis: The tool can diagnose more than 7000+ potential issues. It allows you to solve engine light problems, fault codes with related issues.
- Estimate repair costs: After detecting the engine problems, it suggests the estimated costs solve the problems. This feature saves our time and money.
- Maintenance alert: The Fixd can calculate mileage and fuel level. It alerts you when maintenance is needed for your car. Proper and regular servicing keeps your car in tiptop condition.
- Compatibility: You can see the diagnosed data from android and apple smartphones. The reports are presented in detail for better understanding. It allows you to add up to 5 vehicles with remote monitoring support.
3. How Does it Work?
OBDLink MX+ works very simply to detect a car's engine health condition. Follow the steps to understand its operation:
- Insert the OBDLink MX+ in the car's OBD2 port.
- Start your vehicle ignition.
- Install the OBDLink app and open the phone's Bluetooth connection.
- Now, press the connect button to pair with the OBDLink MX+.
Now, get all data of your vehicle in real-time.
BlueDriver is very simple to set up and use. Follow these steps:
- Just plug the BlueDriver into your vehicle's OBD2 port,
- Install BlueDriver compatible app,
- Pair it with a phone through Bluetooth
- Now, you're done.
With this, you will get all the advantages of the tool on your mobile phone.
Fixd works to keep us alert 24/7 about our vehicle’s condition. Follow the instruction to make it working properly:
- Take the Fixd device and note down the code that is included on the backside of the device.
- Connect it on the OBD 2 port and start the car engine.
- Open your phone's Bluetooth network and the installed fixd app.
- Add the fixd device on the app with a registered account and insert the code to activate the fixd tool.
- A blue light will blink after successfully pairing with the phone.
Now, it will send you the continuous report about your car.
4. Where to Buy OBDLink MX+?
OBDLink MX+ is sold by the OBDlink store on Amazon. I recommend you to get it from here for the genuine product and manufacturer’s facilities with 90 days of return policy and 3 years standard warranty.
BlueDriver is also sold on Amazon by the manufacturer. You should go through here to get the real Bluedriver car OBD2 diagnostic tool with 180 days money return guarantee and 1 year regular warranty.
OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd
- Easy to use: OBDLink MX+, BlueDriver and Fixd is very easy to set up. No expert’s help is required to use the OBD2 scanners. They send reports and alerts on the smartphone app with details so anyone can understand the issues clearly.
- Efficient: OBDLink MX+ is battery operated. Bluedriver and Fixd run through the vehicle battery. They use less power all day long that do not create pressure on the vehicle battery.
- Real-time alerts: The devices provide a real-time alert of problems and live data with accuracy. It saves us from the annoying situation and protects valuable times.
- Compatibility: You can see the diagnosed data of the devices from all types of phones. Only OBDLink MX+ supports laptops with phones. OBDLink MX+and blue drivers are suitable for one car. Fixd supports 5 vehicles maximum with separated data.
- Security: Fixd ensure data protection on the app. OBDLink MX+ prevents hacking transmitted data, which is more secure. Bluedriver also provides a minimum level of data protection.
- Estimate repair costs: from the 3 tools, only Fixd can show the repair costs of the detected issues. It saves our cash and time.
OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd: Which One is Better?
OBDLink MX+, BlueDriver and Fixd show their better performance on car diagnosis. They are very modest to control. Also, they work through the OBD2 port and send reports on the app using Bluetooth connectivity. In this OBDLink MX+ vs BlueDriver vs Fixd comparison discussion, I have rounded up my overall experience with these car diagnostic tools. If you need a powerful and affordable one, Fixd is the best option. It provides real-time alerts, live data, random monitoring and detects 7000+ potential issues. It provides all essential data at half price than other 2 car diagnostic tools.